Wednesday, 14 September 2022
Rincón de la Victoria town hall is holding a week of activities aimed at encouraging residents to give up their cars in favour of cycling and walking. European Mobility Week will run from Friday 16 to Thursday 22 September with free activities aimed at promoting more sustainable and responsible travel in the town.
"For this year 2022, the main theme of European Mobility Week is 'Better Connections', to highlight and encourage synergies between people and places and to raise awareness about sustainable travel and promote behavioural change in favour of active mobility," explained the councillor for transport, Antonio Fernández.
Mayor of Rincón de la Victoria, Francisco Salado, has invited all residents to join in with the activities "with the aim of continuing to raise awareness of how important it is to use alternative transport".
The activities will begin on Saturday 17 September, when the healthy route (GR-249) will take place, a walk from La Cala del Moral to Torre de Benagalbón beach and which will include activities to raise awareness of coastal biodiversity.
Sunday 18 will be Car Free Day, when, as in previous years, traffic will be cut off on Avenida del Mediterráneo from 11am to 2pm and different activities and workshops for all ages will be held in the Plaza de José Domínguez, the Apothecary. On the 19, 20 and 21 September, workshops to learn how to ride a bicycle safely will be held in La Cala del Moral, Torre de Benagalbón and Rincón de la Victoria.
"This year a school bike ride has been organised for 22 September in which secondary schools will take part, travelling from La Cala del Moral to Torre de Benagalbón," explained Delgado.
Local public transport will also be free during the week "to promote it as an effective solution to reduce greenhouse gases and contribute to the mitigation of climate change," said Fernández.
Rincón’s public transport is already free to children, students and people over 65 years of age. Those interested in taking part in the European Mobility Week activities should register at the following link: https://bit.ly/3eqIWTV
A bicycle worth 400 euros will be top prize in a raffle for all those taking part in the activities. The activities will be coordinated jointly by the department and the company Green Globe Sostenibilidad y Proyectos Ambientales, a Malaga-based company specialising in sustainability and environmental education.
- Friday 16 - Official act to launch European Mobility Walk at Rincón de la Victoria town hall
- Saturday 17 - Coastal walk. From 10am to 1pm, from Pº Blas Infante, in front of the Oasis children's area (La Cala del Moral) to Torre de Benagalbón.
- Sunday - 18 Car-free day and workshops. Avenida del Mediterráneo from Avenida de la Candelaria to Calle Granada will be closed to traffic from 11am to 2pm, except for public transport vehicles and sustainable transport. Workshops in Plaza José Domínguez El Boticario. Expansion of Plaza Al-Andalus.
- Monday 19, Tuesday 20, Wednesday 21 Bicycle school Workshops – 5-7pm:
- 19 September: Plaza Gloria Fuertes (La Cala del Moral).
- 20 September: Antigua Estación (Torre de Benagalbón).
- 21 September: Plaza Al-Andalus (Rincón de la Victoria).
- Thursday 22nd - Educational Centres bike ride, itinerary during school hours around the town starting in La Cala del Moral and finishing in Torre de Benagalbón.
Te puede interesar
Necesitas ser suscriptor para poder votar.