Father released, while investigations continue, after the death of the alleged stalker of his daughter in Estepona

Father released, while investigations continue, after the death of the alleged stalker of his daughter in Estepona

The man, who admitted the assault in court, has had his passport withdrawn and is banned from leaving Spain while investigations continue to see if he could face a negligent homicide charge


Thursday, 9 December 2021, 12:52


A court in Estepona has provisionally released a man, while investigations continue, after he was arrested for assaulting an acquaintance who later died in hospital. Prior to the attack, the father had previously accused the deceased of sexually harassing his daughter.

The Court has ordered that the man must present himself to the authorities on the 1st and 15th of each month, have his passport withdrawn and banned him from leaving the country while it is established if he could face a negligent homicide charge.

The Public Prosecutor did not oppose the release of the arrested man while the Court awaits the forensic report to determine the cause of death, and whether the death was a consequence of the beating or was due to other circumstances.


In his statement before the duty judge, the arrested man admitted to having beaten the victim for the alleged harassment of his daughter. He explained that the attack happened inside a bar after he left his work and he was wearing the usual clothes of his trade, which includes reinforced toe boots. He denied that he had put on the footwear in order to commit the attack, according to sources from the Superior Court of Justice of Andalusia (TSJA).

Earlier reports said the 57-year-old victim was attacked from behind in a café by the girl's parent, who threw him to the ground and then kicked him several times in the side.

The 49-year-old father of the girl was a neighbour of the man who died and, apparently, had a good relationship with him until 2017 when the daughter, who was then a minor, revealed to her parents that she was being sexuallyharassed by the man.

According to witnesses, while the father beat the man, he referred to the harassment that his daughter had suffered. After some customers managed to stop the attack both men separately left the establishment.


However, one day later, the victim of the assault began to feel unwell at home and his partner called an ambulance. While he was being attended by healthworkers, he had a cardiorespiratory arrest. He was admitted to a Marbella hospital in a critical condition, but died in the operating room when he was undergoing emergency surgery for damage to the spleen.


Reporta un error en esta noticia

* Campos obligatorios