Firefighters from the provincial brigade. / SUR

Trapped woman, 90, rescued from fourth-floor flat fire in Malaga

Firefighters used a turntable ladder to access the burning property that was extensively damaged in the blaze

SUR

A 90-year-old woman was rushed to hospital after being rescued from a fire in her flat in Malaga in the early hours of this Wednesday morning, 1 December.

The blaze started in the living room of the property in the Cruz del Humilladero district. It completely gutted the room, while the rest of the property was affected by smoke.

Using a turntable ladder, firefighters rescued the elderly woman, along with another person who was with her at the time, from the fourth floor flat when they both became trapped.

Ambulance staff transferred the 90-year-old, suffering from smoke inhalation, to the Clinico Hospital in the city and her companion was treated at the scene, also for breathing in fumes.