Marbella teacher's autopsy indicates her death was not related to the AstraZeneca vaccine

Teachers at the Guadalpín school, where Pilar González taught, during the minute of silence in her memory.
Teachers at the Guadalpín school, where Pilar González taught, during the minute of silence in her memory. / JOSELE
  • Doctors have found that the woman apparently had a predisposition to strokes

The autopsy on Marbella teacher Pilar González Bres, who died from a brain haemorrhage two weeks after her first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine was injected, suggests that the vaccine is not related to the cause of death.

Sources have told SUR that during the autopsy specialists detected that the 43-year-old mother of two children had a predisposition to suffer from strokes.

Indications are that she had an aneurysm, which is the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain, which would have triggered the massive haemorrhage that caused her death.

According to the sources the preliminary studies show no signs of blood clotting issues being detected in the victim's body, although further detailed test results are awaited.

The autopsy was performed at the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella, which has its own pathological anatomy service, after the courts, at the request of the family, ordered that an examination of the body be carried out to clarify the cause of death.

The woman died at noon on Tuesday at the Quirón Hospital in Marbella, which she had visited three times when she felt unwell after being vaccinated with the AstraZeneca formula.

The first time she visited the emergency department was on 4 March with a severe headache but she was discharged believing that it could be a reaction to the vaccine, which had been administered the day before.

According to her teaching colleagues, she continued to have headaches and fever and last Saturday she returned to the emergency unit where a doctor ordered a CT scan.

The scan did not reveal anything significant and she was discharged from the hospital. However, she continued to feel ill and returned to the hospital the next day, Sunday. By then, she was showing signs of a neurological problem, so a CT scan was repeated, which this time revealed that she was suffering from a brain hemorrhage.

On Monday, Pilar underwent surgery to drain the blood from her head, during which they discovered that she had an accumulation of fluid in the brain. Her condition continued to deteriorate until she died in the intensive care unit on Tuesday.