Tuesday, 28 January 2020, 14:20
The new CEO of the Andalusian Health Service (SAS), Miguel Ángel Guzmán, told SUR this week that work would resume shortly on the new health centre in San Pedro Alcántara.
The construction had come to a halt two months ago due to differences over a budget modification. Guzmán announced that an agreement had been reached with the construction firm so that work can continue without having to put the contract out to tender again.
The centre will open either at the end of this year or the beginning of next, the new CEO explained.
Costa del Sol Hospital
There was less positive news, however, regarding the lack of progress on the extension work on the Costa del Sol Hospital in Marbella.
"This issue is among our priorities," he said, pointing out that the authority had solved the administrative deadlock causing the delay last year.
"In the first half of this year, for sure we will have concrete news about the schedule for the completion of the works," he said.
When asked about when work would resume, he said it would all depend on the awarding of the new contract, however it was unlikely to be this year, he said.
The new Estepona Hospital, however, will partially open this year, starting with specialist outpatients surgeries and diagnostic tests.
The next phase will see the opening of the accident and emergency department, followed by operating theatres and inpatient wards.
Te puede interesar