Policy regarding Cookies
What are Cookies and how are they used by the Vocento websites?
- Ensure that the web pages can function correctly
- Store your preferences, such as the language you have selected or the size of the print.
- Find out about your search experiences.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages you have visited and how much time you have spent on our media.
The Cookies are associated solely with an anonymous user and their computer/device, and they do not allow personal details to be known. You can configure your navigator at any time to modify and/or block the installation of the Cookies sent by the Vocento websites; this will not impede your access to the contents, unless the cookies are essential for the provision of the service and the website could not function without them. Bear in mind in any case that if you modify and/or block the installation of the Cookies, the quality of operation of the Services and their availability could be affected.
The Users who complete the registration process or have begun a session with their access details can access personal services and those which have been adapted to their preferences from the personal information supplied at the time of registering and stored in the Cookie on their navigator.
Vocento’s email-marketing tools use small images which are invisible to the users and are included in the emails. This technology enables us to know whether an email has been read or not, and on which date, the IP address from which it has been consulted, etc. With this information, we carry out statistical and analytic studies about the sending and receiving of the emails, to improve the services to which the user is subscribed and offer them information which may be of interest.
Why are Cookies important?
- From a technical point of view, they enable the websites to function in a more agile fashion and to be adapted to the preferences of the users, for example by remembering the language or the currency of the country, or detecting the access device.
- They establish levels of protection and security which impede or complicate cyber -attacks against the website or its users.
- They enable the managers of the media to study the statistics collected by the Cookies in order to improve the quality and experience of its services.
- They help us to optimise the publicity which we show to the users, offering them the type which best matches their interests.
What are the different types of Cookies which we use at Vocento?
Also, depending on the entity which manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and handles the data obtained from them, we can distinguish between own Cookies and those of third parties.
Navigating through this web portal means that the following types of Cookies may be installed:
|Type of cookie||Description||Examples of use||Third party services|
|PERFORMANCE||These Cookies are used to improve your navigation experience and optimise the functioning of our websites. They store configurations of services so you don’t have to reconfigure them every time you visit us.||
|GEOLOCATION||These Cookies are used to store geolocation data from the computer or device in order to offer you more suitable content and services.||
|REGISTRATION||The registration Cookies are created when you register or begin a session on one of our web portals.||
|ANALYTICAL||These Cookies collect information about your navigation experience on our web portals totally anonymously. We can count the number of visitors to the page and the most-viewed content.||
||PUBLICITY||These Cookies collect information about the adverts shown to each anonymous user on the web portals. To adapt the publicity to the type of device from which the user is connecting.||
Some of Vocento’s services may use connections with different social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc. By using the social registry, you authorise the social network to store a persistent Cookie. This Cookie remembers your identification, making it much quicker to access the service on subsequent visits. This Cookie can be eliminated, and you can also cancel access authorisations for Vocento services from the specific social network.
The Policy regarding Cookies was most recently updated on 28/07/2016.